Starting The 40 days of Pre-Easter

Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 by Licu

Starting yesterday, all churches started the 40 days of pre-Easter time. Yesterday evening I attended the Ash Wednesday mass at church, and really got knocked. I realize that it was not just an ordinary mass and not just an ordinary Wednesday. To be honest, from all of my days being a Christian, this is the first time of really being serious on preparing Easter. The church was absolutely full, which I thought it wouldn't be. At that moment I entered the church and bent my knee to pray, I already felt the vibrant of Jesus' present. It was different than the days before. I felt sadness. Sad of remembering that thousands of years ago it was the time when Jesus' suffering began before He was crucified. But at the same time, I felt the amazement towards Jesus, on everything He is and what He has done. And how grateful I was for being there in the church together with other devoted christians, still alive, and still enjoying God's love.

What I want to share to you is that the pre-Easter time is a time for repentness, to cleanse ourselves, and to start realizing our bads and discard them. The 40 days time of fasting and praying would be the perfect time to do all that (but actually we should do that not only at pre-Easter time) if we haven't yet repent. I realized that through baptized we were called to live as God's will. But what happens most is that our life are far and away from God's will, because of the sins we have done. To be able to realize this and getting the chance to repent are really a blessing. It is our opportunity to get back to right path and get closer to Him.

So, dear brothers and sisters in Christ, let's welcome and go through this blessing moment with all our heart.

God bless us all!

0 Responses to "Starting The 40 days of Pre-Easter":