Take It , You Can't Leave It

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 by Licu

I want to tell you something about life. Well, maybe you know that most of the times we can't choose what we want to be, and we can't have what we want. And yes it makes us disappointed. And then we would start complaining, why does my life is like this or like that, why this and why that. And then we would try hard to get out of the situation, and get in to the situation we want. But the problem is... is that what God wants?

Apparently, when I read my devotional book, this thing doesn't always happen for us, the common christians, but it also happened to Jeremiah the prophet. I mean... "THE" prophet. As I read Jeremiah 20:7-18, reading the chapter's title interest me : "Jeremiah's Complaint"

"O Lord, You decieved me, and I was deceived; You overpowered me and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me. Whenever I speak, I cry out proclaiming violence and destruction. So the word of the Lord has brought me insult and reproach all day long. But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in His name, His word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." (Jeremiah 20:7-9)

It makes me understand, that one cannot choose his path. God had chosen the right path for us. That's what we should believe. I have many complains everyday. I have many wants, and many things that happened each day didn't come up as I wanted. I had times when I cried and asked the Lord to give me another path that would be easier for me to go through. But one thing I know now for sure. I say it again, He had chosen the right path for me. No matter how hard it would look like. No matter how much tears it would cost me. I should believe that the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior. He himself that would fight for me.

My mistake all these times was that I tried to fight by myself, with my own power. I tried to change things around as I wanted, and apparently that has made things harder.

If I can take an end line, when we're facing this kind of situation, there is no other way but to accept it ungrudgingly. If we keep on striving against it, it would be useless. It would just be exhausting, evenmore it might add the problem. So when we can't change the situation, what we can do is to change our attitude and view towards that situation. The key is in the faith that our life is always under God's love and control.

0 Responses to "Take It , You Can't Leave It":